Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I had my laptop in for service about a month ago to transfer…

Customer Question
I had my laptop...

I had my laptop in for service about a month ago to transfer the Windows package to the Home/Student version. I brought it home a couple of days later thinking all was well, but it was not. My photos, documents and some of my ITunes are there, but not accessible. Can you check to see what's wrong?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and version of Windows of your laptop?

Now it is Office Home & Student 2016

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your laptop? Have you installed any updates recently?

I've been sick and so have not done anything with it after trying to open them & finding out I can't. Wanted to go to the store, but not up to that yet.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

That I have a 3 yr. contract for service

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
1/5/2018
Electronics Technician: Kraig, Engineer replied 7 months ago
Kraig
Kraig, Engineer

Hi, I'm JA Engineer. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply ASAP.

I would be glad to see if I can rectify the problem with your computer. Please send a Secure Remote Connection request so that I can accept it and get things going.