Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Surface pro. Attached keyboard isn't working. Cleaned

Customer Question
Surface pro Technician's Assistant:...

Surface pro

Technician's Assistant: What Microsoft product do you have?

Attached keyboard isn't working

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Surface Pro?

Cleaned connections, ensured keypad is in settings

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes, can't change from portrait to landscape

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
1/5/2018
Electronics Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 6 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know

Surface pro keyboard attached is not working and won’t change for landscape to portrait

If you restart the Surface, does it still have the issue?

Have you tried detaching the keyboard and attaching it back?

please stop asking stupid questions. I have reset all software and still have the problem

Sorry but all of the basic questions will need to be asked since you did not specify everything that you have done already.

To make sure we don't repeat steps, what have you already tried?