Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I have a Unican residential door lock. Can anyone help me…

Customer Question
I have a Unican residential...
I have a Unican residential door lock. Can anyone help me with either removing the lock completely or resetting the combination
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
1/5/2018
Electronics Technician: Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer replied 7 months ago
Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer

Welcome to the site! I'm Dan.

There are hundreds of different Unican style door locks. What is the make and model of this one?

There is no model number visible. Can I send pictures?

Thank you for the photos. I'm sending them to my contact over at Simplex to help us identify the model. Once we know that, I can help you further. I don't know how long it will take them to respond, but I'll let you know as soon as I know more.

Thank you

No problem. It's Friday afternoon over there now (east coast) so we might not hear back for a bit.

Hello Dan. I changed phones and messed up the connection on this. Did you get an answer for me?
Electronics Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 6 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

I do need help
Can you see my string regarding this issue

I will need the model number -- The pictures do not provide that.

No model # visible that’s why I sent pictures

Unfortunately, you will need to have a local tech come out to your house/business since you cannot locate the model number.

Darn it. It’s such an esoteric lock I would have thought there’d be a standard way of changing the combo and one of those

Unfortunately, without a model number, we cannot assist.

I will unscrew the door latch area tomorrow and see if I can get a model #

OK thanks

I noticed my request is logged under electronics and TV. This is a manual door lock. Am I in the right place?

It was moved into the correct category