Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I am fixing a large audio console and am trying to find an…

Customer Question
I am fixing a...

I am fixing a large audio console and am trying to find an easy way to figure out the total current draw of the console. the console is largely ic based so that part is easy because the specs on the opamps give you average and maximum current draw

Technician's Assistant: What device has a bad screen?

I said nothing about a bad screen so the problem i am having is with figuring out the current draw of the discrete ransistor sections

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your product?

Trident tsm40

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far?

I have figured out the current draw of the opamps now i want to know how to figure out the current drawn by the discrete devices

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

I dont think so

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
the transistors are generally in complimentary pairs MJE172/MJE182 as direct line drivers in and sometimes they drive a balancing transformer (600 ohm)
i would like a quick and easy way to figure this out, something off the datasheeets a little math so far in resurching this all i can come up with is a lot of theory and complicated equations, just seems like it should not be that hard
Answered in 3 days by:
1/8/2018
Electronics Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 7 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

please
you still there
harry, you there?
been sitting here for nearly 45 minutes
i have to leave now
be back in about an hour
lance
ok now i'm back
are you there harry?
lance
the banner says yer online but you are not responding. so i don't even know if you are receiving any of my chat messages
did you get the jpeg i sent?
is anyone there?
what happened?

Lance,

I did not receive any JPG file.

Please upload it here.