Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

My sister in texas bought alexa for me on her account. THe…

Customer Question
My sister in texas...

My sister in texas bought alexa for me on her account. THe device is registered to her and I cannot change it to me. What do I do?

Technician's Assistant: What brand and model of e-reader do you have?

Alexa show?

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your e-reader? What have you tried so far?

I just unwrapped it and am trying to do the set uo. So far I have put in my wi-fi and password. I need to change it and am having problems.

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your router?

It's from Bell sympatico since I am Canadian,

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far?

Have only gotten to the set U just mentioned. It says that this is not an Amazon account.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?

Can't think of anything since I don't know what i am doing.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
1/3/2018
Electronics Technician: Cabletech, Computer Support Specialist replied 6 months ago
Cabletech
Cabletech, Computer Support Specialist

Thank you for choosing Just Answer. I would be happy to assist today with your question.

Give me just a moment while I review the information provided.

If this is your first time here, I would like to go over a few things:

• If you see an offer for a phone call or remote support, you are welcome to accept it or you can disregard it. Just click on the X and we can resume the conversation.

• Some issues or questions may not have the solution requested. Some issues or concerns may not be resolvable. I will try to explain this ahead of time if I foresee it is a question I cannot answer.

• Some issues may require additional equipment or hardware before we can continue.

• Make sure to bookmark this page. There should be email alerts in your inbox as well with the link back to this page if you were to step away. If you respond when I am not online such as outside of my normal business hours, I will respond as soon as I can.

• If you are prompted to rate me, you can do so by choosing the appropriate amount of stars in the top right and that is all. It cost you nothing further and helps me receive credit for helping you. By rating me (hopefully 5 stars!), it also helps me stay locked to your question so I can continue to assist you in cases where you may have to walk away for a few hours or days and need to report back the findings.

I look forward to working with you today!

Good morning! I will go ahead and type up the instructions here for you. Considering it sounds like you are still in good communications with your sister, there is an easy step she needs to do in her account. If you can have her do this, then you are free to register it. Provide these steps to her. If you are not in communication with her, the steps are much different. Let me know if that is the case.

To deregister a device:

1. From the Amazon website, go to Your Apps and Devices.
  2. Click Your devices.
  3. Click the Actions button, and then click Deregister device. Deregistering your device prohibits Appstore purchases on that device, and disables the use of any app purchased from Amazon Appstore for Android and downloaded to that device. You can re-enable purchasing from the device by signing in to the Amazon Appstore for Android again.

-----

Please let me know if you have any other questions. I would be happy to help provide any clarification or further details you may need. If you do not need any further help, just as a reminder before you go, please give me a quick rating at the top right. Hopefully I have earned 5 stars today! This helps me receive credit for helping you today. It also keeps me locked to your question if you want to follow up with me again. Have a great rest of your day!