Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I have a Kidde Knighthawk CO Alarm. It is 19 years old,

Customer Question
I have a Kidde...

I have a Kidde Knighthawk CO Alarm. It is 19 years old, hardwired and beeping intermittently (every 15-30 seconds). I have pushed reset which solves the problem for a few hours but the beeping returns. I also have received and “Err” message in the display with an “E03” code. I think I need to replace the alarm. How do I safely remove the old alarm?

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

Kidde Knighthawk Carbon Monoxide Alarm. It is hardwired into a living room wall.

Technician's Assistant: How long have you had your 'E03"?

Just noticed it a few days ago. However, we only occasionally use this home. When we entered the home in mid-December the Alarm was beeping so the E03 May have been showing for a few months.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far?

I have only reset the unit so far. I have seen if the unit will come off the wall but it seems fixed to the wall

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

Just beeped again with “Err” message

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
I need answer in the next few hours, otherwise it will not be useful.
1/3/2018
Electronics Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 6 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.