Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

My carbon monoxide alarm went off at 8; 30 this morning with…

Customer Question
My carbon monoxide alarm...

My carbon monoxide alarm went off at 8; 30 this morning with a beep every 15 seconds i reset it and it went off 11 hours later with a beep every 15 seconds

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your product?

Kidde

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far?

I hit the reset button and it stops

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

There is a carbon monoxide detector upstairs and it doesnt go off

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
1/3/2018
Electronics Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 6 months ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

This will happen if the alarm is past its expiry date.

Remove the alarm from its holder and check the date on the rear of it.

If it has expired then it will need to be replaced.

--------------------

Happy New Year!

Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!

Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page to finish; tips appreciated :)

If my service is lacking and not worth 5 stars yet, please let me know before submitting your rating.

Pete.

--------------------