Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I have a kenwood th-d74a ham radio. suddenly it doesn't

Customer Question
I have a kenwood...

I have a kenwood th-d74a ham radio. suddenly it doesn't power on any more. battery is charged. what should I try?

Technician's Assistant: Are there any lights on your TH-D74A that are lit or blinking?

No

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried resetting your speaker?

How do I do that?

Technician's Assistant: The Home Theater Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't thinkso.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
1/3/2018
Electronics Technician: Louie, Technician replied 7 months ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your question regarding your "...Kenwood TH-D74A..." I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

Initially, consider a RESET. A reset is both a test and a try of a fix. As it implies, a reset would force the unit to revert back to factory defaults removing glitches and config errors but would include memories, presets and user preferences. After a reset, the initial setup would have to be performed. If have not been done and should you venture to try: Please click / tap HERE.

May have to be done a number of times selecting Full Reset.

This is very critical - a reset however would not be corrective of an internal hardware concern; but it would be confirmed. In some instances, it may even expose/cause other issues.