Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I have a braun model 5692 series 7 razor. when you remove…

Customer Question
I have a braun...

I have a braun model 5692 series 7 razor. when you remove the foil, there is a three headed pin beneath it that drives the foil. At the base of the plastic sheathing, the plastic pieces have separated at the base and I cannot reconnect them. Is this something that I can repair? I am apprehensive about getting to aggressive with it for fear of making things worse. Can you help me with this or provide instructions as to how to resolve this issue ? if it involves sending it in for repair, I would appreciate an estimate of expected cost. Thank you

Technician's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Just noticed it when I ordered a new foil.

Technician's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If it is a simple repair, yes.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Cannot think of anything else. Help me fix it or send it in and my problem is solved. Obviously, if the cost benefit to repair vs new is skewed in the pro ng direction, I would like to know up front.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
1/2/2018
Electronics Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 6 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know

No. Please cancel my request and refund the charge. Thank you.