Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I have a 2008 version of Smartparts Picture Frame (10.4")

Customer Question
I have a 2008...

I have a 2008 version of Smartparts Picture Frame (10.4") that was never loaded or used. In trying to set it up for my Mother-in-law, I discovered the OptiPix Pro software that it said was included in the frame, was not there. What can I do to acquire this software? I have loaded about 40 or 50 photos direct into the frame from the computer, but since they have not been optimized by OptiPix, that is all it will hold, not the 2000 pic's stated on the documentation.

Technician's Assistant: When could you last open your Picture?

Whatg picture.

Technician's Assistant: The Software Technician will be able to walk you through that. Did you recently update your software or Operating System (OS)?

I am on a desktop IBM ver.10. Software is current.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

Don't know

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
12/31/2017
Electronics Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 7 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

Still need the OptiPix software so I can load more pictures than 40 or 50

The OptiPix software is actually loaded into the picture frame memory already. It is not a separate software.

I am not going to call you. The OptiPix software was not in the picture frame memory. The documentation I received with this frame said to download the software from the frame to my computer and delete it off of the frame, but when I hooked frame to computer, no software. I just need to know where I can get a copy of the software so I can optimize the pictures and download more than 40 or 50 pictures.

Yes, as you mentioned "download the software from the frame" -- The software is already on the frame itself as I mentioned.

I have already spent 36.00. why do I have to spend more money to talk to you, shouldn't that be part of the original payment? The software was NOT on the frame. I just need a copy of the software.

It is not possible to obtain the software because it is built into the frame and it is a 10 year old frame.

You are wrong, but I am tired of belaboring the point. You can close this case, but you will not get a good recommendation from me. Happy New Year.

OK