Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I have a mix 890. I have a mix 890. I have an mix 890 fully…

Customer Question
I have a mix...

I have a mix 890

Technician's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Hi

Technician's Assistant: Hello. How can I help?

I have a mix 890

Technician's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Hi

Technician's Assistant: Hello. How can I help?

I have an mix 890 fully charged battery (new) but device will not function unless connected to charger

Technician's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

When the problem began I replaced the battery now fully charged but same result

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
1/1/2018
Electronics Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 6 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

It’s been like this for 2 weeks
As far as working on it that depends on the process

How old is the device?

3 yrs

Do you mean MX-890 remote? You wrote MIX-890

mc 890
Sorry
Mx 890

If you tried using a new battery and the issue continues then the remote has an internal failure with the charging port not working.

Unfortunately, that means the remote needs to be replaced.