Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

My TH-50PX60U will not pick up the cables chanels. Not. I…

Customer Question
My TH-50PX60U will not...

My TH-50PX60U will not pick up the cables chanels

Technician's Assistant: How long have you had your TH-50PX60U?

Not long. I bought it used.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far?

I went on line and brought up the owners manual and went thru the setup feature for scanning chanles

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

I did a auto scan and manual scan and still have no channels

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
12/31/2017
Electronics Technician: Aric, Technician replied 3 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

How long have you owned this TV for? What is it connected to right now (cable box, satellite box, antenna, etc.)?

Just the cable, no box

Thank you. Who is your cable provider please? Many cable providers don't allow for direct coaxial connection without a box.

no thanks
i am not paying anymore$

I'm not offering the phone call offer- and am unavailable by phone. The website sends those offers- ignore them! Who is your cable provider please? Many cable providers don't allow for direct coaxial connection without a box.

wow cable

Okay, just to make sure- did you select Cable in the TV's channel setup options first- and then run the scan?

Okay, unfortunately that means that WOW is scrambling channels and requiring a box by them to view their signal. This is very common with most cable providers currently, and even my own brand new TV requires a box to receive cable broadcasts from my company. Your TV decodes "unscrambled QAM" (or clear-qam) signals, so if the signal was "clear" then the TV would have access to those channels. Since the scan is not pulling in anything, then this indicates your provider requires one of their boxes to use their service.

Then why are other tv,s working

That is new info and would have been good to know from the onset to save time. Then that would indicate the Panasonic's tuner is faulty.

So you're saying none of the other TV's have a cable box- they're all direct coaxial from wall to TV?

Also, did you verify that the coaxial feed at the location of THIS TV is working? In other words, can you get one of the other TV's to work on this coaxial line? Additionally how about if you move the Panasonic to one of the other locations?

i am at menu, then pressed setup, it has all in the little window, then it shows all in the window, the next thing it wants to know is auto or manual

You lost me. I asked some specific questions above. Can you reply to them?

I brought the cable from a working tv

Okay so you're saying you DID NOT see any option to select antenna or cable in SETUP- correct??

No i did and selected cable
iksare you their?
looking for the my electronic tech guy....
what if i have a firestick?
Electronics Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 3 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

Harry, Customer Service