Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

My Sony Xperia Z tablet, a reliable device for 2-3 years,

Customer Question
Hi Pearl, Technician's Assistant:...

Hi Pearl,

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far?

My Sony Xperia Z tablet, a reliable device for 2-3 years, has suddenly become unusable. It flicks from one app to another without me touching the screen. It clicks repeatedly when turned on and the home screen has become unresponsive. Any suggestions?

Technician's Assistant: What's the model of your Sony tablet?

Xperia Z

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Sony tablet?

Have tried turning it off and on a number of times without luck. It doesn't respond to touch commands, so it is very difficult to try anything.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
12/31/2017
Electronics Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 7 months ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

This can happen if there is some contamination on the screen.

Have you tried wiping the touchscreen with a cloth?