Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

My remote control is not working properly. i have called…

Customer Question
My remote control is...

My remote control is not working properly. i have called thrree times and they continue to hang up on my instead of giving me a service rep to help me

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

Ingigna

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

The last two days.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

It turns my stv on and the mute button works also i can change channels by pushing up and down, but no other controls are working.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
12/31/2017
Electronics Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 6 months ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your TV remote question.

Try taking the battery or batteries out of the remote, with the TV turned OFF meanwhile, and leave both that way for 20+ minutes or longer.

Then try the batteries back in the remote, or fresh batteries, and the TV turned On afresh.

If that doesn't work, tell me, in Reply, the model of your Insignia TV (or the model of your remote, if it is not a "Universal" remote, and I will instruct you further.