Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I have a lp120-usb, I got it last Christmas and the

Customer Question
I have a lp120-usb...

I have a lp120-usb, I got it last Christmas and the turntable won't spin when the on/off button is pushed.

Technician's Assistant: How long have you had your LP120-USB?

About a year, it was a gift last Christmas

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far?

All of the suggestions from the internet.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
12/30/2017
Electronics Technician: Md. Sadique, Engineer replied 6 months ago
Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique, Engineer

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

The most common and likely cause of this problem is the fuse on the top side of the central PCB connected to the motor is burnt.

I got the same information from the internet chat threads.

It's a very common issue.

Do you have any electronic repair experience?

Soldering iron, using a DMM etc.

I wanted to see if I can repair it. Others had to send it in to Audio-Technia.
No

The premium service request is sent by the system, not by me. It's completely optional. If you don't want it, then please ignore.

I would suggest not to try repairing yourself if you're not confident enough.

then what?

If you want to give it a try I am ready to walk you through the repair steps.

Does it involve a new fuse that I don't have and a smoldering iron I don't have?

Yes, it does involve a soldering iron, new fuse, and DMM.

Then there is nothing to talk me through. Do I take it to a repair shop then?

Yes, the best bet would be to take it to a repair shop.

Okay, then I've paid $24 for what I already knew. Awesome.

We believe in customer satisfaction. If you want I can help you repair your unit.

Would you like to have a refund?

I would.

Great! We would be happy to process a refund for you. Our first priority is customer satisfaction.

I would send a refund request to the moderators.

Thanks for using JustAnswer.