Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Cant find default code. V360 m47`7`4. M471714. Havent used…

Customer Question
Cant find default code ...

Cant find default code

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your product?

V360 m47`7`4

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your V360? What have you tried so far?

M471714

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?

Havent used safe in 5 or more years

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
12/30/2017
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 3 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Unfortunately, this is not something you can simply get a code for online, for obvious security reasons, otherwise anyone could break into your home or steal your safe and then just retrieve the code to open it, rendering the safe useless.

What you'll need to do is fill out a form, have it notarized (to prove ownership) then send it in (along with a check) to Sentry. They'll mail you back the override code.

You can get the form here: https://replacements.masterlock.com/media/resources/notary-form.pdf

There are instructions on it for sending the info in by mail, or you can pay the fee online and fax/email the form after it is notarized.

I'm sorry there is not a quicker resolution possible, this process is in place to ensure security, so that not just anyone could get a code or key to your safe.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

In order words, pay Sentry for the code, which is found in the ownders manual which is lost. Thanks

Unfortunately yes, that is the only way to get it. Sentry won't offer it any other way.

A copy of an owners manual would suffice
The code is not in the manual. The manual is only for instructions and an electronic online version would not have the sticker they add in for each safe with the code in it.
I’m sorry but you are misinformed. The manual provides the default setting which allows someone to change with their own passcode. Since my manual is lost I was hoping to reset the passcode

I understand what it is you are looking for, but there is not one default setting that applies to all safes of this model. You can imagine what a security compromise that would be as anyone with the same model could open anyone else's. That is printed in the manual as the specific code for your exact safe, and is different for each one (corresponding to the serial number). That is the factory (override code) I mentioned earlier, and why it has to come from sentry directly.

Nathan, Engineer