Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I have a vhs/cd player. The vhs play for about 6 seoonds and…

Customer Question
I have a vhs/cd...

I have a vhs/cd player. The vhs play for about 6 seoonds and shuts off. Could you repair it?

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your speaker or sound system?

The make is a Funai

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your sound system?

Not much just kept retrying it

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?

No that is all that is hppening.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
12/29/2017
Electronics Technician: Jack, Technician replied 7 months ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hello
My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with this.

I don`t even need to know the model number to figure out that the vhs has got a defective take-up reel ,or belt and the again possibly capstan motor

If i haven`t repaired 10, 000 vhs vcr in my life then its none so i know exactly what i`m talking about , so much so that i know that now you would not find a repair shop that would even look at it or make it worthwhile to repair

Long story short , your best bet is a new unit , they sell under $100 now