Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

How do I remove a stuck disc in my JVC DVD player?

Customer Question
How do I remove...

Technician's Assistant: What JVC model do you have?

XV-N410B/XV-N412S

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your JVC media player?

Just pushing the eject button. Turn on and off and tried again. Can hear

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

I know the disc was probably not needed in place when door shut. Can

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
12/29/2017
Electronics Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 6 months ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Try turning the DVD player off then hold in the EJECT button on the DVD player (not the remote) whilst plugging the power back in again.

If that doesn't work then the disc is stuck fast and you can either try prising the door open or remove the top cover to retrieve the stuck disc.

--------------------

Happy New Year!

Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!

Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page to finish; tips appreciated :)

You can always reply back after rating me if you need any further assistance at all.

Pete.

--------------------