Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Consumer Electronics

I lost the remote for our Pilk soundbar 2000. So I purchased…

Customer Question
I lost the remote...

I lost the remote for our Pilk soundbar 2000. So I purchased a replacement but it doesn’t work . I can get it to turn on and off but it won’t control volume

Technician's Assistant: What is your speaker connected to or paired with? Are all cables connected tightly?

Yes . I unplugged it and waited and replied it . It is hooked to our Samsung TV

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a different audio source (e.g. another TV, computer, or CD)?

Not with the Polk . I purchased the exact replacement that the sound at came with. It is the only one we have

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?

It has never been hooked tonanother TV. The normal sound on the tv works

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have paid and am waiting
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you !
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hello ?
12/29/2017
Electronics Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 1 month ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question about your remote - I regret the delay has been this long.

I advise you to return the remote as defective - it most probably is - before the return-refund period runs out. (It's best to notify the seller promptly about this, before the period for return and refund runs out, shipping or mailing it back can wait for after that for sure.)

And then get a replacement of this kind, from this source:

https://www.replacementremotes.com/polkaudio/buy-re12081-sound-bar-system-remote-control?new=1&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI19-i6vev2AIVVoezCh0xTQSLEAQYASABEgL7dfD_BwE

And/or, make sure good batteries are in the remote you have... an essential point, though possibly rather too obvious to mention.

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

Thanks.

Russell H., Service Tech