Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

The battery is dead on my Safe Concept safe the only number…

Customer Question
The battery is dead...

The battery is dead on my Safe Concept safe the only number I see on the outside is SA###-##-####

Technician's Assistant: What device is not powering up?

The keypad on the outside front

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your product?

Safe Concept but SA100019658

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far?

Nothing there is no power to the keypad

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
12/29/2017
Electronics Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 6 months ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

SA100019658 is the serial number;

Can you see a model number or any other markings anywhere on the safe?

Can you attach a photo of the safe?

Thanks for the picture, you have an Intelli-Valut M4 safe:

http://www.gangaenergy.com/intellivault-safes.php

Two keys are provided with these safes so that it can be opened if the batteries go flat.

A low battery warning should light up some time before the batteries die.

Do you have the override keys available?

I don't have any keys nor do I see a place where a key would fit

Can you detach the keypad to reveal the key slot?

There is an opening on the bottom of the keypad that looks familiar to a phone jack

Ok good - if your safe has the bottom opening, you can connect a USB battery pack to it to gain access if the batteries go flat.

Did you get a USB battery pack with the safe, or do you have one available?

No
I have a pack but no cord that matches the opening in the safe

Ok, so all you need to do is get a matching cord from a local computer or electronics store or Amazon and that will be your access sorted.

We tried hooking the battery pack up to the safe and got no response. Should it automatically power on or do we need to do something specific to it?

Once you have a charged USB battery pack connected, it will provide power to the electronic lock so that you can enter your code.

We have connected the power to the safe but nothing is happenoing

Has the USB battery pack been charged?

We charged the pack and even plugged it to a direct current with no response. We saw online that behind the front plate there was a keyhole. We have identified and am attempting to notify the seller of the safe to us next week in hopes they can replicate a key or suggest a solution

If connecting the battery pack does not work then getting a replacement key should let you access it again.

Hi, just checking in on your question. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 4 stars or more and press submit so I am credited for my time, otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.

I haven't heard back from you yet - please reply and let me know if you still need assistance with this?