Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Sony KD-43X7000E cannot talk to iq3 box Foxtel said it was…

Customer Question
Sony KD-43X7000E cannot talk...

Sony KD-43X7000E cannot talk to iq3 box Foxtel said it was on the wrong line/link!

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your router?

Telstra Bigpond

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far?

Checked all the connections/leads. Talked to foxtel and checked out the iq3 box. We have WiFi We cannot change the channel from the iq3remote

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
12/29/2017
Electronics Technician: Shahid_Sony, Technician replied 3 months ago
Shahid_Sony
Shahid_Sony, Technician

Hello, I'm Shahid. Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help but need the following info to troubleshoot the problem.
- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to the TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?

It is a new tv. We had an old Foxtel box so ordered an iq3 box but cannot link up the 2 items. We do not have any other devices. the Foxtel tech said we had the wrong line link for foxtel from the TV

ah OK, I have no info about foxtel iq3 box so will repost this question for other experts to assist you further

Thanks

Electronics Technician: Louie, Technician replied 3 months ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your question regarding your Sony KD-43X7000E and Foxtel iQ3.

Initially, please describe how the iQ3 is connected to the KD-43X7000E using what kind of cable(s).

There is a HDMI cable, an aerial cable, Ethernet cable and a Video able going into the yellow port

The cable connecting the yellow jacks may no longer be needed if there is an HDMI cable. The HDMI cable would provide the best quality video.

With both the Sony and iQ3 box turned on, press the Sony remote's Input Select button to display and then select HDMI ? depending on which HDMI port is used to connect the Foxtel iQ3.

I did appreciate the help but as I did not receive a phone call the extra $37 is not a valid claim.

Thank you for your kind understanding of automated-systems / machine-generated followups, ads and offers.

However and as shown above, there was no request for a Premium Service / Phone Call.

My participation is strictly limited to technical, repair and/or installation issues as well as related information.

Billings & payments concerns are best addressed by Customer Support.

Louie, Technician