Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I have an AIR1 but no WIFI. How can I register this new

Customer Question
I have an AIR1...

I have an AIR1 but no WIFI. How can I register this new device?

Technician's Assistant: Are you able to connect using an ethernet cable?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Which lights are colored and/or blinking on your router?

LAN1

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
12/28/2017
Electronics Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 7 months ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

There is getting around the requirement of a reliable wifi internet connection to set up the iPad AIR1.

If you don't have wifi, you can take it to a local Apple store, if you have one located within a convenient distance, and they can set it up for you. Or you can take it to a local library or coffee shop that has free public wifi access and set it up there.

--------------------

Happy New Year!

Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!

Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page to finish; tips appreciated :)

You can always reply back after rating me if you need any further assistance at all.

Pete.

--------------------