Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I purchased a Sony DSC-HX90V for Christmas and I am not sure…

Customer Question
I purchased a Sony...

I purchased a Sony DSC-HX90V for Christmas and I am not sure how I get the GPS mapping/tracking function to work.

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your GPS?

I thought this camera had built in GPS??????

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your GPS?

I took a photo and used a program I down loaded - playmemories. I can load my pics onto the computer but there are no instructions as to what to do next.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

No - except when I was trying to get it to work - I did get a map and it said the location was Tokyo - so I assumed this was something generic and had no relevance to the actual photo.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
12/28/2017
Electronics Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 6 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.