Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I am trying to connect my echo dot to my iphone 5 via the…

Customer Question
I am trying to...

I am trying to connect my echo dot to my iphone 5 via the amazon alexa app. It is telling me "unable to complete setup, please try again" Ive done this many times and it still does not connect. The password ***** am using is correct. Please help.

Technician's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

15 minutes

Technician's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I dont think so

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
12/27/2017
Electronics Technician: Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 6 months ago
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris

I've been trying to do it for the last 2 hours

What version is it?

It does not say but is brand new

Try this first

• For Echo devices with a screen: If the light on your device is orange, your device's Wi-Fi connection isn't working as expected. You can see what Wi-Fi network you're connected to by going to Settings and selecting Wi-Fi.
  • Try to connect to the Wi-Fi network again.
  • Make sure you know your network password (if needed). If you see a lock icon, a network password ***** ***** This password ***** ***** your Amazon account password.
  • Verify if other devices (such as tablets or mobile phones) can connect to your network. If not, there may be a problem with your Wi-Fi network. Contact your Internet service provider, network administrator, or the person who set up your network for assistance.
  • Update the firmware for your router or modem hardware.
  • If you saved your Wi-Fi password ***** Amazon, but you recently changed the password, you need to re-enter your new Wi-Fi password ***** connect again.
  • By default, your router may use both WPA+WPA2 for security. To resolve connection issues, switch the router security type to either WPA or WPA2 only. If the router also has an option to set the type of encryption, setting it to AES only is recommended.
Forget it. It's not working

Have you tried the steps?