Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I have an INIT paper shredder,, model #NT-PS10CC. The

Customer Question
Hi. I have an...

Hi. I have an INIT paper shredder,, model #NT-PS10CC. The shredder jammed and I was able to remove all, or most, of the paper. But all I get now is a whining noise when I insert a piece of paper, or a grinding sound when I turn on reverse.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

INIT, model # NT-PS10CC.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your NT-PS10CC?

About 2 days.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

Haven't done this, shredder was given to me.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I hope you had a Merry christmas, I hope you can get my shredder working again, and I wish you a Happy New Year.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
12/27/2017
Electronics Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 6 months ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Have you tried oiling the cutting blades?