Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I am trying to create a group with alexa to work both my…

Customer Question
I am trying to...

I am trying to create a group with alexa to work both my smart led Wi-Fi led blubs

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your router?

Century link

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far?

I am able to work only one light with one command then I need another command to work the other light in the same room alexa said the I need to group them and I don't know how to do that

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?

I just want to tell alexa to turn on the lights with one command and then to turn off the light with one command

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
12/27/2017
Electronics Technician: Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 3 months ago
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris

I am just setting it up. I saw a video on you tube showing how to group but when They press the plus but to add a device it also showed to where you can group your device but when I press the plus button it only showed me to add a device.

Are you doing this from your phone?

I am at work right now can I call you when I get home and we can work through this together
I get home at 4:00 mountain standard time

OK please reach out to me then

I went to the Amazon store in the mall and he fixed my problem
Since you did not answer my question I would like to have my money back
John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.