Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I have a sanyo Dp508 with no power .I've changed the power…

Customer Question
I have a sanyo...

I have a sanyo Dp508 with no power .I've changed the power supply and the analog board still no light I'm lost .I do see 5 volt DC going to the analog board from the power supply

Technician's Assistant: What device is not powering up?

No green light that shows power and no screen

Technician's Assistant: How long have you had your DP508?

About 4 years.the parts that I have bought for this have came from shop jimmys

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Sanyo product?

A power supply and a analog board

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

That's it

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
I can send pics if you need them
How long before I get a answer it's been over 24 hours
Answered in 1 day by:
12/28/2017
Electronics Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 7 months ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your electronics question. I must apologize for it having taken this long - we had a backlog, and a server outage today also.

I advise you to get a service manual for this particular model - if one is available. It will guide you as to what points to measure with a voltmeter, and what each measurement means, to some extent at least, as well as other things like accurate parts # lists, and so forth.

Now if there is no power, there may be any number of problems anywhere, really, if it is as persistent a problem as you say it is.

1. you might have a shorted board, loading down a voltage line, thus preventing the Main Logic board from initializing and turning On the whole device.

2. you might also have another sort of problem, but (1) is most likely.

Let me know a bit more, and whether you'd like me to do a search for sources for a service manual (which might be free, or might cost up to $20 or so), in Reply, and I will help you further.