Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Consumer Electronics

Where do I go to register my new amazon echo. Amazom Echo…

Customer Question
Where do I go...

Where do I go to register my new amazon echo

Technician's Assistant: What Amazon model do you have?

Amazom Echo (2nd Generation)

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Amazon e-reader? What have you tried so far?

Tried setting it up and it says the device is not registered

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
12/26/2017
Electronics Technician: JA Engineer, Engineer replied 1 month ago
JA Engineer
JA Engineer, Engineer

Hi, I'm JA Engineer. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply ASAP.

There are a number of steps that are involved in setting up your 2nd generation Amazon Echo. They are as below:

1. Download the Alexa app and sign in.

With the free Alexa app, you can set up your device, manage your alarms, music, shopping lists, and more. The Alexa app is available on phones and tablets with:

• Fire OS 3.0 or higher
    • Android 5.0 or higher
    • iOS 9.0 or higher

To download the Alexa app, go to the app store on your mobile device and search for "Alexa app." Then select and download the app.

• Apple App Store
    • Google Play
    • Amazon Appstore

You can also go to https://alexa.amazon.com from Safari, Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge, or Internet Explorer (10 or higher) on your Wi-Fi enabled computer.

2. Turn on Amazon Echo (2nd Generation).

Plug the included power adapter into Amazon Echo (2nd Generation) and then into a power outlet. The light ring on Amazon Echo (2nd Generation) turns blue, and then orange. When the light turns orange, Alexa greets you.

3. Connect Amazon Echo (2nd Generation) to a Wi-Fi network.

Follow the guided instructions in the app to connect Amazon Echo (2nd Generation) to a Wi-Fi network. To learn more, go to Connect Your Echo Device to Wi-Fi.

Tip: If your Amazon Echo (2nd Generation) doesn't connect to your Wi-Fi network, unplug and then plug the device into a power outlet to restart it. If you still have trouble, reset your Amazon Echo (2nd Generation) to its factory settings and set it up again. To learn more, go to Reset Your Echo Device.

4. Talk to Alexa.

You can now use your Echo device. To get started, say the "wake word" and then speak naturally to Alexa. Your Echo device is set to respond to the wake word "Alexa" by default, but you can use the Alexa app to change the wake word at any time. In the app, go to Settings, select your Echo device, and then select Wake word.

5. Optional: Connect Amazon Echo (2nd Generation) to an External Speaker
    While Amazon Echo (2nd Generation) has a speaker, you can connect it to external speakers with an audio cable (sold separately) or through Bluetooth. For more information, go to:

I hope that my answer has been helpful. If so, please select 5 stars and click Submit so that I can be paid for helping you because we do not get paid automatically.
Thanks for using JustAnswer and have a lovely night.

JA Engineer
JA Engineer
JA Engineer, Engineer