Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Consumer Electronics

I have Epson EX 9220 Wireless Projector. I can able to

Customer Question
I have Epson EX 9220...
I have Epson EX 9220 Wireless Projector.
I can able to connect with my laptop or mobile phone wirelessly for viewing images and presentations (PPT), but I am not able to play uninterrupted smooth video streaming from YouTube. Though it's running smoothly from YouTube if connected to HDMI. Also image qualities are getting affected a lot if connected wirelessly. Then what is point of having wireless projector!! Could you please advise how can I stream videos on this projector smoothly wirelessly?
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
12/25/2017
Electronics Technician: Jason Jones,
 replied 1 month ago

I look forward to helping you today.

Are you connecting the computer to the projector directly via a wireless signal or do you have the projector connected to your wireless network?

I will be standing by, looking forward to your response.
Thank you,
Jason

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I guess, this projector supports both. So I would like to try both. But main objective is to mount it on the wall and play videos from YouTube or laptop wirelessly.
Electronics Technician: Jason Jones,
 replied 1 month ago

Have you tried connecting to it both directly wirelessly and via the network? Which options works best for you?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I tried to connect it via iProjection app and also via QR code. Both way image quality was not well and also the video was not streaming smoothly.
Electronics Technician: Jason Jones,
 replied 1 month ago

When you connect directly to it, what is the distance between the projector and the computer?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Less than 10' (may be less than 5').
Electronics Technician: Jason Jones,
 replied 1 month ago

Is the image quality bad because the resolution that you set on the projector is too low? Which values did you use for the resolution?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok. Could you please directly advise me which option should I follow? then I will try that option. Can you guide me with step by step instructions for the best option and settings?
Electronics Technician: Jason Jones,
 replied 1 month ago

Which version of Windows are you using?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Windows 10
Electronics Technician: Jason Jones,
 replied 1 month ago

- Hold down the two following keys at the same time: Windows key and the letter R
- In the box that comes up, type: desk.cpL
- Click the Ok button.
- Click the Projector monitor to select it.

What is listed for the resolution value?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
There are many resolution values.
Electronics Technician: Jason Jones,
 replied 1 month ago

I understand. I am asking you to tell me which value was chosen. If the resolution is set too low, the image quality will suffer. Do you want to try a higher resolution and click the Apply button? When you do that, does it solve the quality issue?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It is set to 3840x2160 (Recommended) by default.
Electronics Technician: Jason Jones,
 replied 1 month ago

That is an extremely large value for resolution. Was it set to that, initially?

What does the image quality look like when it is set to that value?

If you want, you may want to decrease the resolution values, click Apply, Keep Changes, and then test the image and video playback. Is there any change when you do that?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Why don't you advise me directly the settings and steps that I should go for?
Electronics Technician: Jason Jones,
 replied 1 month ago

I am sorry about that. I thought that I gave you those instructions 30 minutes ago. I assumed that you kept the window open, but I see that is not the case.

I don't know which exact values are there for your resolution options because I am not there looking at the screen.

- Click the Ok button.

- CHANGE THE RESOLUTION to a lower value

- Click the Apply button

- Click the "Keep Changes" button.

If you would allow, may I remotely connect to your system?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
But I am saying how to play streaming video from YouTube smoothly wirelessly? Is there any specific app should I use?
Electronics Technician: Jason Jones,
 replied 1 month ago

No there is no specific app that you should use. So, what is the status of the image quality on the projector? I thought that was part of the problem.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The part of the problem is, whatever steps I am taking it is not streaming videos smoothly wirelessly.
Electronics Technician: Jason Jones,
 replied 1 month ago

Thank you for the update. May I connect with you remotely to troubleshoot the issue directly? When the remote session begins, we will be able to communicate back and forth via a chat window that will appear on your computer screen.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
What setup do you need before we begin session?
Electronics Technician: Jason Jones,
 replied 1 month ago

After you click the accept this offer button, I will send you a link that you will then need to click.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
What exactly will you try to check or achieve from the remote session?
Electronics Technician: Jason Jones,
 replied 1 month ago

What do you need help with? That is what I will be helping with.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I thought it was more over the projector hardware side and the application or network that will connect to the projector wirelessly.
Electronics Technician: Jason Jones,
 replied 1 month ago

I am sorry, but I don't understand your last post.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
How will you do the setup at the projector end through remote session?
Electronics Technician: Jason Jones,
 replied 1 month ago

You are asking me how I will configure the computer correctly to correctly communicate with the projector? I will do so on the computer.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Oh ok. Just trying to understand.
Electronics Technician: Jason Jones,
 replied 1 month ago

Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Sorry, I couldn't reply that time. Can you connect now through secure remote connection?
Electronics Technician: Jason Jones,
 replied 1 month ago

My day just started. I will be here all day. Please, post a message on this page when you are ready to begin.

John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.