Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I have a disk stuck in my wave system which I cannot

Customer Question
I have a disk...

I have a disk stuck in my wave system which I cannot rremove, it keeps saying disc error.

Technician's Assistant: What device is frozen?

The wave system, it is attached to the original Bose player, in the second slot.

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your media player? How old is it?

Five years old. It says Bose, I have no idea who made it.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your media player?

I have tried ejecting the disc to no avail. I have no idea how else to eject it.

Technician's Assistant: The Video Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

No. Thank you.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
12/25/2017
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 7 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

This symptom can indicate several possible issues: an internal hardware failure, a low/faulty battery, or just a simple memory/firmware glitch.
The first step here will be to attempt to reboot the kindle. This is done by pressing/sliding and holding the power button for 20+ seconds, or until the screen flashes (usually with an image of a tree), then release. Give the kindle about a minute to start back up. Note that you may need to repeat this process 4-5 times for the reset to take effect. Let me know if the problem persists, we can then try some further steps.

Thanks,

What are you talking about? I am asking about a disc stuck in my BOSE wave?

I'm sorry about that, it looks like there was a glitch in the site and your messages got crossed with another customers.

Regarding your bose problem:

Unfortunately this is most often a hardware failure (bad motor, worn gear, loose belt, etc in the ejection mechanism, faulty switch or sensor, or just an obstruction by a disc that is out of place)

There are a few things you can try:

First unplug power for at least an hour, then press and hold the power/on button while plugging back in, and keep holding for another 60 seconds. If it still doesn't open, repeat the process but with the eject button instead of power.

If it still does not open, pick the unit up and shake/tilt the player side to side gently, hopefully dislodging the stuck disc inside that could be preventing it from opening, then try to open again.

If none of these help, then there is an internal hardware defect, which will need to be repaired.

If it gets to that point, I can advise you on service options.

Let me know the results, and I'll advise further, if needed.

Phone call session started