Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Consumer Electronics

Ring volume is very low. how do I increase volume? 6.0plus…

Customer Question
Ring volume is very...

Ring volume is very low. how do I increase volume?

Technician's Assistant: What device or product has sound issues?

6.0plus phones

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your product?

Panasonic 6.0plus

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Panasonic product?

Cannot find way to increase ring tone volume

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
12/24/2017
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 2 months ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist with this issue today.

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue with your phones.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) The FULL Model Number of the phone system you are working with? If this is a cordless system, that model should be printed on a sticker on the bottom or back of the MAIN base station (model should start with KX-TG).

2) How many TOTAL cordless handsets do you have with this system, and if more than one, do ALL handsets have this issue?

3) What is the AGE of this system and WHEN was this issue first noticed?

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.

*** IMPORTANT NOTE: *** ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I am NOT available by phone at the moment.
Please DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.

Thanks

model kx-tg6641
5 handsets plus one captell phone6-7 years old

Hi again and thanks for that information.

I have the steps below to set the ringer volume on EACH handsets (they can be set individually).

NOTE: IF you find that the ringer volume is already set to maximum (level 6) AND the level is still low, the batteries in the handset MAY need to be replaced (especially if they have not been replaced in the last couple of years).

1) Pick up handset you want to adjust - while NOT on a call.

2) Press MENU soft key, followed by # 1 6 0 (pound-one-six-zero).

3) Use the UP/DOWN arrows to adjust the ringer to the desired level.

4) Press the SAVE soft key - to save the setting.

5) Press the OFF button - to exit programming.

Here is a link to a video that shows how this is done and what you should see and hear during the process.

Click Here --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0oYPkVGp2M

If you do need to replace the batteries, I have a link below (to Amazon) where you can find the batteries for a good price - especially if order as a "multi-pack".

HHR-4DPA Search Results
http://amzn.to/1H2x81e

NOTE: These are Rechargeable Nickel Metal Hydride (Ni-MH) batteries

Please let me know if that works for you or if you have any more questions.

And when you are ready, please take a moment to rate MY service level (5-star is my goal) so that I get credit for my time helping you today.
You should see some "stars" (and SUBMIT button) to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them (you may have REFRESH your screen) or can not use them.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-

when Ipush the menu button, I get " caller list". Second time I get "caller list items stored".
No references to Volume

Hi again,

Please ignore what is displayed on the screen and continue with the sequence of key presses.

That is, START by pressing MENU, then # 1 6 0 (pound-one-six-zero).

And please take a look at the video - to see the entire sequence and how it should work.

Thanks

Greg A.
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer