Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

My reciever keeps asking the tv shut off...keeps saying to…

Customer Question
My reciever keeps asking...

My reciever keeps asking the tv shut off...keeps saying to change resolution...what do I do

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

Its 7 years old Yamaha ...just says natural sound reciever

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Hold on trying to find it

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this?

No menu doesn't work but will turn everything off and on....We had it set up on friday...

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
12/24/2017
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 7 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

There should be an actual model number on your yamaha, starting with RX.

What are you watching when this happens? Cable/satellite box or dvd perhaps?

Hello, it appears your question is still open.
Do you need more help with this?
Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.