Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I have a TSR 6750. I am trying to set up external speakers…

Customer Question
I have a TSR...

I have a TSR 6750. I am trying to set up external speakers in other rooms. I have connected the rcvr to an ext amp. using the zone 2 out jacks. I am using a satellite rcvr. connecting the audio composite out to the Yamaha audio 2 input.. If I go to zone 2 I get nothing. I connected the Sat. rcvr. directly to the ext. amp, by-passing the Yamaha, and the ext. speakers work fine. I guess in other words I can't get the Yamaha to pass thru the signal.

Technician's Assistant: What Yamaha model do you have?

TSR 6750

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Yamaha instrument? What have you tried so far?

I have never been able to set it up. I give up in frustration and the come back at a later date. Like today!

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
12/23/2017
Electronics Technician: Aric, Technician replied 6 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Zone 2 on the Yamaha only OUTPUTS signals that are connected via RCA analog cables (it does not process or pass through any signals connected via HDMI, optical or digital coaxial). That said, how exactly is the cable box connected to the 6750?

composite to audio 2