Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I get the error message "F61" from my 5 changer. It is

Customer Question
I get the error...

I get the error message "F61" from my 5 changer

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

It is sa-ht660 changer

Technician's Assistant: How long have you had your SA-HT660?

About 8 years

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far?

Pressing all button in different combinations, taking the power off then on

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
12/23/2017
Electronics Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 6 months ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your Sony soundbar question.
- Please tell me, does the F61 error appear the instant the machine is turned On, or only after you try a CD operation or press a button (other than the Power button) on the Sony device?

Try checking your speaker cables or wires - they may be shorted/crossed, or one may be disconnected, or otherwise something may have happened to them. Let me know, please, whether the F61 appears immediately, also... if so, the speaker wires may be at fault, or else the Sony device may have an internal problem... I will advise you further.