Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

HPENVY 5530 unit Comes ov with flashing icon and #C4EBA341…

Customer Question
HPENVY 5530 unit Comes...

HPENVY 5530 unit Comes ov with flashing icon and #C4EBA341 nothing operates. How do I fix this?

Technician's Assistant: How long have you had your #C4EBA341?

About 2 plus years

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far?

Unplugging to reboot, no thing responds to touch control

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

No, thank you

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/23/2017
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 7 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Unfortunately, the issues you are experiencing are symptomatic of an internal hardware defect, meaning a faulty power supply or logic board. This issue could be a manufacturing defect, but is also often caused by a power event (shock/surge, prolonged over/under voltage condition, etc).

This could also be the result of age related wear and tear, as a 2013 model, that type of failure wouldn’t be surprising as this machine was designed and built for only a 3 year service life at most.

There is one step you can take here, both as a possible fix, as well as a diagnostic evaluation

unplug power at the wall outlet
wait 5 minutes
press and hold the power/on button for 60+ seconds
keep holding while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after, then release

If this reset process does not work, it would unfortunately confirm an internal hardware failure.

This is something that would require repairs to correct; at that point it is time for a new printer. While it can be fixed, it is not practical to do so. You'd be in the $150 range to have the internal power supply replaced, and a logic board would run you $200-250. For $80-100 you can replace the entire machine with a brand new model, with current technology and a fresh warranty, which makes more sense than buying the new part for an older printer.

Depending how you'd like to proceed, I can help with finding parts, finding a local repair shop, or recommending replacement options for you. Just let me know.

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,

Hello, it appears your question is still open.
Do you need more help with this?
Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.