Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Consumer Electronics

Bc75xlt scanner will pick up channels but there all static…

Customer Question
Bc75xlt scanner will pick...

Bc75xlt scanner will pick up channels but there all static adjusted squelch

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

2 years old Apex

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes and no

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Apex? What happened right before this?

Don't have issues with tv just scanner

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
12/21/2017
Electronics Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 2 months ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your scanner problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

This is quite common with portable scanners and is almost always due to the poor performance antenna they come with, especially if you live in a fringe area or use it mostly indoors. Using an external antenna is always the best option but if you need the portability, you can get a high gain antenna with much better performance characteristics. The best portable antenna will be a telescopic one but their size can be somewhat cumbersome. How exactly are you using the scanner, ie. indoors as a base, in a car, on your belt, etc?

Indoors

Are you able to put up a small external antenna or want one that will work well but only connect to the scanner indoors?

Kelly, Appliance Technician