Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I have a Marantz AV8003 power amplifier and tuner combo that…

Customer Question
HI I have a...

HI I have a Marantz AV8003 power amplifier and tuner combo that I cannot get turned on? Red light blinking on the amp and steady on the tuner?

Technician's Assistant: When could you last turn on your Marantz?

They were on a few weeks or a month ago

Technician's Assistant: Do you have access to a voltmeter to test the voltage coming from the AC adapter?

No sorry

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Instrument Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so....blinking on the am amp and steady on the tuner.....when I try to power up the tuner the "wait" message light comes on for a second and then goes dark

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
12/21/2017
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 7 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

This is a protection circuit kicking in to protect the receiver from damage.

This could be caused by a short in one of the speakers or components, thermal fault, or an internal defect in the amp itself.

You can try a few fixes yourself. To begin, with the receiver powered off, disconnect all speakers and components. Try to turn it back on in Tuner (am/fm) mode and see if it will stay on. If it does, power off and reconnect 1 speaker, then power on to test again. Continue this process until you isolate the speaker or component causing the problem, or until everything operates normally.

Let me know the results, or lack thereof, and I’ll advise further if needed.

Electronics Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 6 months ago

Hello, it appears your question is still open.
Do you need more help with this?
Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.