Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I had an outage on my TV and have followed the instructions…

Customer Question
I had an outage...

I had an outage on my TV and have followed the instructions to connect the TV/receiver and nothing works

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

The TV is about 4-5 years old. It is a Samsung

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

The TV menu does not work and it is the only TV in the house that has this problem

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Samsung? What happened right before this?

This issue happened this morning. I was watching a TV program and the program crashed and I couldn't get it back. Then there was a message on the TV . Gateway access point not found and connection error. I tried the TV this evening after shutting the TV off earlier and now I have the same message

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
12/21/2017
Electronics Technician: Aric, Technician replied 6 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

What's the full model number off of the back of the TV and whom is your cable provider (ex: Comcast, Charter, etc.)?

I can't locate the model no. However my cable provider is AT&T

Okay please give me a minute.

The TV is in another room from the computer and it is difficult to do this on line when I can't see the tv

Note that the site will send you a phone call offer- that is NOT from me. It is sent without my consent and I am not available by phone. To see MY REPLY, "X" out of the offer and view the page that we have been typing on. Also note that any offers for subscriptions or promotions are NOT something I am privy to. I am an independent tech and am only paid with a positive rating for my service.

we can talk by phone
Does this mean that I am paying up to $50 for this information including phone call. Had I known I would not have contacted you
Delete my request for the phone call
I am very unhappy with this service. You have not done anything and I do not want to pay you
Electronics Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 6 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays coming upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.