Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I JUST PURCHASED AND PANASONIC TELEPHONE SYSTEM AND i CAN…

Customer Question
I JUST PURCHASED AND...

I JUST PURCHASED AND PANASONIC TELEPHONE SYSTEM AND i CAN NOT UNDERSTAND THE SET UP INSTRUCTIONS. pLEASE HELP

Technician's Assistant: What Panasonic model do you have?

BACK SAYS mODEL # kx-tgf370 CAN'T FIGURE OUT HOW TO GET TO MENU TO SET UP TIME ANS DATE ETC

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your KX-TGF370? What have you tried so far?

JUST RECIEVED FROM STAPLES LAST NIGHT CANT UNDERSTAND THE SET UP BOOK. hOW DO i GET TO MENU?

Technician's Assistant: The Cell Phone Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?

I PLUGED IT IN IT IS ALL CHARGED JUST BOOKLET DOESN'T SAY WHAT BUTTON TO MASH TO SET UP. NINA

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
12/21/2017
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 7 months ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist with this issue today.

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue with your phones.

If you still need help with this issue:

I believe what MAY have been missed is the diagram(s) that define the SOFT KEYS available on both the cordless handset(s) and the main base unit.

Those definitions should be in the "Getting Started" part of the manual. under the heading "Controls"

But to give you a simple definition, the SOFT KEYS are buttons BELOW the display (of ether the handset or main base) that will be DIRECTLY BELOW a particular word on the display.

They are called SOFT KEYS because the words displayed CHANGE - based on what function is to be performed.

As an example, normally when the handset is not in use, the word MENU will be displayed on the lower-right of the handset display, so the "dash button" under the right side of the display is the button to push to enter the MENU system.

Let me send you a link to a short video that shows the steps to set the date and time for this particular handset, that should demonstrate how this should work. Please review the video once or twice, and then TRY the same steps using one of the handsets from your system.

Click Here for Video --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUwQ0N4eCfw

Please give that a try and let me know if that works for you or if you have any more questions.

If this has helped answer your question(s), please take a moment to rate MY service level (5-star is my goal) so that I get credit for my time helping you with this question.
You should see some "stars" (and SUBMIT button) to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them (you may have to REFRESH your screen) or can not use them.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)