Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

My printer (HP 4500) isconnected to my computer (Toshiba…

Customer Question
My printer (HP 4500)...

My printer (HP 4500) isconnected to my computer (Toshiba Satellite C660)

Technician's Assistant: What HP model do you have?

My printer (HP 4500) isconnected to my computer (Toshiba Satellite C660) and works as a stand alone printer but lately I have a problem and cannot send commands tothe printerfrom my computer and Hp initial on the computer has vanishedit used to work alright

Technician's Assistant: Happy to help. Want a weekly JustAnswer email to help with other issues? If so, what's your email address? And if you'd still like to talk to the Printer Expert, I'll connect you shortly.

Customer:***@******.***

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I donot remember if I had to use an HP Program CD to install the relevant program to my computer, do I need it ?

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
12/19/2017
Electronics Technician: Richard, Customer Service replied 5 months ago
Richard, Customer Service

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.