Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

The clutch on the Swintec 2410 cleartypewriter is slipping.

Customer Question
The clutch on the...

The clutch on the Swintec 2410 cleartypewriter is slipping. I bought the typewriter in Dec. 2015 from Walkenhorst's , the sole source of supply of this item for inmates incarcerated at R. J. Donavan California State Prisons, where it was shipped. How can it be fixed without replacement parts???

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your product?

Swintec Model2410

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far?

Walkenhorst does not offer parts or repair. Prison security only allows authorized dealers !!

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

If repair parts are needed and available, how can they be delivered inside the prison?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
12/19/2017
Electronics Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 8 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer! Before we get started, it looks like you may be trying to reach another company. JustAnswer is a question and answer site and not affiliated with the company you are trying to reach. I am a certified technician and if you'd like to continue on JustAnswer, I will try my best to help you with your question. Otherwise, if you came here by mistake, let me know and the Customer Care team will reach out to you.