Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

My Panasonic tc-p65vt50 went black last night. Turned off,

Customer Question
My Panasonic tc-p65vt50 went...

My Panasonic tc-p65vt50 went black last night. Turned off, back on no lights, continuous clicking noise every couple of seconds. Unplugged, held on button for one minute, plugged in with same result.

Technician's Assistant: What device has a bad screen?

Technician's Assistant: How long have you had your TC-P65VT50?

5 years

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Panasonic product?

Turned off, back on no lights, continuous clicking noise every couple of seconds. Unplugged, held on button for one minute, plugged in with same result.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

NO, I have this is a common complaint with this model.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/18/2017
Electronics Technician: Mike G., Technician replied 8 months ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Hello, I see you were chatting with the site's automated response system. I am Mike, the real life technician assigned to help you. Sorry to hear you are having problems....
Are you available to chat online with me right now?

What is the power LED on the front of the tv doing?

no light

Appears site sent you a phone call offer. I did not send the offer.
I am not available by phone, but another expert may be.
In the mean time we can continue our chat.....

any ideas?

Do you have tv/electronics repair experience? Because I'm very sorry to say, this is going to be an internal failure that requires complex diagnosis and parts inside the tv be replaced. It's impossible to guess which part is defective, but if you think you want to DIY, let me know and I may be able to help you with that here (it all depends on your level of electronics experience). Otherwise you will need to use local repair shop. In home repairs will be around $350 on this model so it is worth having the tv looked at.

I know this is bad news and very upsetting but please understand I am here to provide an honest answer. I hope you will submit a 5 star rating at the top of this page and not base the rating on the fact that your tv needs parts or services outside of our control. If for some reason you don't feel I should get 5 stars, please do not rate and just let me know and I will follow up with you here.

Do I get my $26 refunded?
Electronics Technician: Anthony, Technician replied 8 months ago
Anthony
Anthony, Technician

Hello my name is***** can help you with this,it will mean replacing a board,the board will cost $100 (approx)and I am assuming you think you can do the work yourself?please let me know