Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I'm experiencing regular, but intermittent freeze-ups on my…

Customer Question
I'm experiencing regular, but...

I'm experiencing regular, but intermittent freeze-ups on my u-verse tv service. These freeze-ups occur on both shows that I am viewing and on shows that I have recorded.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

Sony, not sure of model number or age, but it is a flat screen tv.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

The menu works. The problem appears to affect all sources/inputs.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Sony? What happened right before this?

It has been a problem for a while, but has become much more frequent in the last month or so. It seems to be a cable/uverse problem, not a tv problem.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
12/18/2017
Electronics Technician: Anthony, Technician replied 7 months ago
Anthony
Anthony, Technician

Hello

Welcome

To isolate the TV as being the cause from the box please (during the fault)press the menu button of the sets OWN remote control does the menu come up?if it does do you have control over it can make options etc?

Let me know please

Anthony

The menu comes up and I can make options. Last night I had to reset/reboot multiple times.
you can do that during the fault condition?if that is the case problem is not the TV but the box ,have you rebooted the box?disconnected box from wall power wait 5 mins replug back in? If so and its the same you will need to get box swapped by provider,let me know if you have anything to add