Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Consumer Electronics

I have a remote control: Conrol 4 (model: C4-SR250B-2-) It…

Customer Question
I have a remote control...
I have a remote control: Conrol 4 (model: C4-SR250B-2-B)
It works as its supposed to, but the lighting on it went away and when go from Watch to Listen, I can't see the display to know where i am on the remote. Let me know if the remote can be opened and the light bulb can be replaced.
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
12/18/2017
Electronics Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 2 months ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
The remote is not likely to be repairable that way. If the light for the display has gone out, the display will have to be replaced as a whole, most likely.

Replacing the remote is more practical, though regrettable.

Still, if you like, you could have it repaired instead. If you would prefer to try that, let me know, and I will recommend places and procedures to having it repaired, or at very least, places to inquire as to how much such repairs for this problem would cost you.

(Let me know your local zip code too, in case it might be a local servicer that I could list for you, rather than a call-them-then-send-it-away servicer.)

Russell H., Service Tech