Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

All of my handsets indicate "check tel line" and i can't use…

Customer Question
All of my handsets...

All of my handsets indicate "check tel line" and i can't use the phone. what can i do to activate the phones?

Technician's Assistant: When were you last able to use your phone?

2 days ago

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a Factory Reset? The Smartphone Expert can walk you through this to ensure you don't lose your photos, contacts and other data.

I don't know how to do "factory reset"

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
12/17/2017
Electronics Technician: Kraig, Engineer replied 8 months ago
Kraig
Kraig, Engineer

Hi, I'm JA Engineer. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply ASAP.

When you get a message that tells you to check the telephone line, it means that the phone is not sensing a dial-tone. In most cases, this may mean that (1) there is an issue with the phone wiring on the premises in the house or out on the road that feeds your house, or (2) the main base unit is not plugged into the phone jack.

The first thing that you can do is check to ensure that the main base unit is plugged into the phone jack. If it is, then the phone cord may need to be replaced. Use a different phone cord on the main base unit to see if that solves the problem.

What you can also do is plug a regular phone into the phone jack to see if you get a dial-tone. If you get a dial-tone, then it means something is wrong with your base unit.

Let me know if any of my suggestions work.