Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Consumer Electronics

My bose wave radio does not work. Everything on the display…

Customer Question
My bose wave radio...

My bose wave radio does not work . Everything on the display is lit up except the presets for stations 1,2 and 3. I tried unplugging it and hitting every button I could find. Still dead.

Technician's Assistant: What device is not powering up?

Bose wave radio.

Technician's Assistant: What Bose product do you have?

Bose wavr radio

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Bose product?

Model AWR1-1W

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

I unplugged it and hit every button I could. Still dead and every light lit up.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
12/14/2017
Electronics Technician: Aric, Technician replied 2 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

When did this problem occur- was it after a period of non-use, or a storm, power outage, etc.?

Also, have you tried leaving the system unplugged for a full 60 minutes to try to reset it?

After a period of non-use. The system was unplugged all day. Tried again just now. result same as described.

Unfortunately that is all that you can try on a user level to correct this, beyond that the symptoms directly indicate that repairs are needed I'm afraid.

In this case you would need to contact Bose Service, as they are the only ones that repair their systems:
BOSE:
For assistance with your product, please call us toll-free at 1-***-***-****. For help with our aviation headsets, call 1-***-***-****.
For the best possible service, please have your product nearby when you call. Hours of operation: Monday – Friday: 8:30 AM – 8 PM ET

Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news here and wish there were a quick fix.
If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Aric, Technician