Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I have a Sony XBR-55X7000 TV with an update screen we cannot…

Customer Question
I have a Sony...

I have a Sony XBR-55X7000 TV with an update screen we cannot get rid of. It states "A new software update is available. The update may take up to 15 minute to complete. You will not be able to use the TV during the update. Would you like to update now?" At the bottom of the screen are 3 options: Show details Update Later Update Now

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your computer or device?

It is a Sony TV with the number on the back of XBR-55X7000.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update your software?

I have no idea, but it will not let us select Update Now or any of the other options (cannot cursor over to the other options and cannot Enter with the remote to select Update now neither.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

No, we just want it off our screen.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
12/14/2017
Electronics Technician: Anthony, Technician replied 7 months ago
Anthony
Anthony, Technician

Hello

Welcome

You are going to need to re-boot the set un-plug the set from wall-power wait 5 mins re-plug back in again, warning the set may not come on at all OR it may re-boot however you have no option left but to do this, let me know

Anthony