Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

My cordless phone system has stopped showing the caller

Customer Question
My cordless phone system...

My cordless phone system has stopped showing the caller info.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model of your phone system?

Panasonic5

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your phone system? What have you tried so far?

Tg7871 I think about 1 mos. I tried to set up cell phone reception and I may have screwed up the caller ID function which is much more important to me

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/12/2017
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 7 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Can you tell me a bit more about the problem please:

1) If you have multiple handsets (within the same system), does this happen with all of them?
2) Are there other phones or even a fax, outside of this system but on the same line? If so are they working properly?
3) Is this a landline from the local phone/cable company, or a VOIP service (vonage/magicjack/etc)?
4) Do you have dsl service on the same line?

Land line with DSL. This has worked for years since the purchase but just stopped recently
Do not want this to drag on. Not sure if this is a scam or not
you are not helping so I can only assume this is a scam

My apologies for the delay. The site is not quite instant, but please try to send only a single response and allow me time to receive it and respond back; multiple messages can get lost in the queue and further delayed.

Can you please provide each of the specific details I've requested, these details are important to being able to properly diagnose and address the issue.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.