Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

While one of my TVs is working well, the one in the kitchen…

Customer Question
While one of my...

While one of my TVs is working well, the one in the kitchen is not. The monitor displays "no signal" in the center of the screen and has a box with a 3 in it in the upper right corner. I am 89 years old and somewhat slow so please bear with me.

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your TV?

They are plugged into the router and a black wire leas from it to the monitor.

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

I don't believe so.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of now.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
12/12/2017
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 7 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Could you tell me what is hooked up to this tv? A cable or satellite box perhaps?

Could you also look at the back of the tv and tell me exactly where that box is connected? The ports should all be labeled, such as hdmi1, hdmi2, etc.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.