Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Consumer Electronics

My grandson pushed 4 CD's into our Playstation 3. Now of…

Customer Question
My grandson pushed 4...

My grandson pushed 4 CD's into our Playstation 3. Now of course we can't get them out and it won't work. Anything we can do without buying a whole new set?

Technician's Assistant: When did your game system stop powering on?

It powers on but won't eject because of the discs that are in there.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried resetting the AC adapter (unplugging it from the outlet and the console and waiting 2 minutes)?

No but will that eject the jammed in discs?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Game Expert to know before I connect you?

Just how to get the jammed in discs out.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
12/12/2017
Electronics Technician: Richard, Customer Service replied 2 months ago
Richard, Customer Service

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Can you still see the disks in the drive at all? Or he pushed them so far in they are completely inside?

No the discs are too far inside

Ok, is it the standard playstation3 or the Slim one?

I think standard, but not sure

ok, I will provide the dismantling films for both

PS3 Slim

PS3 Standard

If you follow the film it will show you how to dismantle it so you can get to the disks and remove these,

But it will need to be dismantled to do this

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Richard, Customer Service